All Saints, Douglas

This short film was made from video footage shot of All Saints Church, Douglas, days before its closure in 2017 after over 110 years of service.

All Saints was first build in July 1898 and it came to be known as the “Tin Tab” due to its corrugated iron exterior. This led it its being re-built entirely, in a modern style reflecting its consecration on 20th April 1967. However, due to serious structural problems sustained over the intervening 50 years, the costs for the repairs required to return the building to a safe state were unmanageable for the diocese.

The church closed on 1 May 2017, this film was made from footage taken days before, on 27 April 2017.

The photographs taken of the church can be accessed here.